Electrical Papers Viscometer
RPV-1 ELECTRICAL PAPERS VISCOMETER SYSTEM
The PSL Rheotek RPV-2 determins the Inherent Viscosity of Poly (Ethylene Terephthalate)/PET in dilute solution using glass capillary viscometers in accordance with ASTM D4603.
The test method requires a 0.5% concentration of PET dissolved in 60/40 phenol/1,1,2,2-tetrachloroethane solution. Solvent and solution flow times are measured at 30 deg. C using the same 1B size of suspended-level Ubbelohde type viscometer for both measurements.
The method requires that three successive flow times are obtained within 0.2s of the mean. The RPV-2 software automatically calculates the Intrinsic Viscosity from each single determination using the Billmeyer equation.
The dual position RPV-2 (2) is an ideal configuration as well as the four position RPV-2 (4). The iSP-1 Sample Preparation system can be used in conjunction with the RPV-2 to prepare samples on a precise weight to weight basis. Dissolution is carried out using a reaction block with stirring and heating at 110 deg. C with a programmable timer. (SD-BM).
- The RPV-1 Electrical Papers viscometer system automatically measures the viscosity of absolution of paper in Cuen (cupriethylenediamine, CED).
- The RPV-1 Electrical Papers viscometer automates the manual steps set out in standard methods, minimising the variability of results.
- Systems can be configured with 1 to 4 measuring positions. Other options include sample preparation, sample agitation and auto sampler.
- Flow times are measured automatically using ASTM Ubbelohde viscometer tubes supplied with ISO <17025 certificates of calibration.
- Cleaning is carried out in-situ utilizing solvents and a safe vacuum system.
- The comprehensive RPV-1 EP software program records all measurement data as well as calculating wide range of results including specific viscosity, intrinsic viscosity, and degree of polymerization.
TYPICAL APPLICATIONS & CONFIGURATIONS
A) IEC 60450
B) ASTM D4243
B) CED (Cuen)
A) 0.05 to 0.8%
B) 0.05 to 0.8%
RPV-1 EP measuring positions
A) 1 to 4
B) 1 to 4
RPV-1 VISCOMETER SYSTEM
For more information on this product or to arrange a call from one of the Cea Petrochemical Team, please complete the contact form below.