ASTM D7066, ASTM D7678, OSPAR, EPA 1664A, ASTM D3921, DIN 38409-H18
ISO 9377-2 (MOD) OSPAR, IP426, ISO 9377-2, ISO 16703, EN 14039, EPA 1664B
EPA 9071B, ASTM D4281
PORTABLE OIL-IN-WATER TESTING
ERACHECK X, the newest portable oil-in-water tester is easy to use, providing results within 5 minutes. ERACHECK X is fully compliant with the latest IR oil-in-water standard ASTM D8193 measuring TOG, TPH, and FOG in water with sub-ppm precision. Its rugged design, with a small footprint, makes it suitable for fast on-site compliance testing even under extreme conditions.
ASTM D8193 describes a direct IR transmission measurement of oils and greases in the extraction solvent. The method does not require any solvent evaporation like gravimetric or solventless IR methods and therefore allows the measurement of all fractions of the sample, including the light ends, with sub-ppm precision (repeatability SD: 0.2 mg/L oil-in-water). Compared to GC methods that do not detect fractions eluting outside the defined time window, ASTM D8193 enables a more complete fraction of extracted hydrocarbons much faster and easier.
Xtra RUGGED, FAST & EASY
ERACHECK X is built in a corrosion-resistant aluminum housing and has no moving parts. Its ruggedness and reliability make it the ideal solution in tough ambient conditions for the daily work on oil drilling platforms and as a portable field tester for wastewater professionals.
The simplified extraction procedure is performed in a few steps, requiring minimum glassware and easy cleaning. The fully automated measurement of the extract takes only 2 minutes. Results are displayed on the large full-color touch screen and can be exported via USB directly to a flash drive or PC for LIMS.
ERACHECK X is a high-end dual-beam non-dispersive IR spectrometer for the highly accurate measurement of oil-in-water. Based on the in-expensive and environmentally friendly CFC-free solvent, cyclohexane, it measures in full compliance with ASTM D8193, offering excellent correlation to EPA 1664, ISO 9377-2, and OSPAR. Unlike gravimetric methods, ASTM D8193 does not require the evaporation of the solvent, eliminating the risk of light-ends getting lost during the measurements. This leads to a significantly better accuracy and precision (r = 0.25 mg/L) over a wide measuring range (0 – 3000 mg/L).
ERACHECK X – Your features at a glance
- Full compliance with ASTM D8193
- Pre-installed factory calibrations for excellent correlation to EPA 1664, ISO 9377 OSPAR, ASTM D7678 & D7066O
- n-site results in under 5 minutes
- Compact and light-weight instrument design with the smallest footprint
- 8.4” multilingual color touchscreen
- Built-in industrial PC with USB and Ethernet for LIMS connectivity
- User-specific calibrations and password protection
- Extract the water sample with cyclohexane: typically 250 mL of water is extracted with 15 mL cyclohexane.
- Select the calibration you want to use: ASTM D8193 or FOG
- Enter the name of the sample and the name of the operator
- Press the RUN button
- Inject 5 mL pure cyclohexane for the background measurement
- Inject 3 mL of the extracted cyclohexane for the sample measurement
ERACHECK X guides you through the measurement procedure. The liquid volumes have to be entered depending on the actual volumes used for the extraction of the sample
For more information on this product or to arrange a call from one of the Cea Petrochemical Team, please complete the contact form below.