Elemental Combustion Analyzer for Total Chloride and Total Sulfur by Microcoulometry
The XPLORER TX/TS is a microcoulometric Total Chloride and Total Sulfur combustion analyzer that blends into every laboratory environment, whether it is for R&D, chemical or petrochemical applications. Solid, liquid, gas and LPG samples, this robust Elemental Combustion Analyzer handles them all. Determination of Chloride and Sulfur concentrations according to Microcoulometry is an absolute technique and calibrating the analyzer is not a requirement. With its low detection limit it is possible to measure concentrations at ppb level.
The XPLORER-TX (MCT) and the XPLORER-TS (MCT) are also available as seperate models.
- Chemicals (e.g. Plastics, Aromatics, Olefins and Parafines)
- Refinery Products (e.g. Crude Oil, Naphta, Lubricants, Gasoline, Diesel Fuel, Fuel Oil)
- LPG and Gases (e.g. Pentane, Butane, Propane, Propylene)
Knowing the exact concentration of total sulfur and total chloride in certain feeds has always been important within the production process of refineries.
- Organic chlorides will form hydrochloric acid, this formation needs to be avoided to minimize corrosion in towers and furnaces used in these processes.
- Residual sulfur in fuel oils will influence emissions of sulfur dioxide (SO2), resulting in plant corrosion and atmospheric pollution if this level is too high. In Europe, the maximum allowed amount of sulfur in diesel has been set at 10 ppm.
- Sulfur in petroleum products is tested in a variety of petroleum products after the hydrodesulfurization process, because of the risks of platinum based catalyst poisoning.
A sentence here about related products with image links below to products you want customer to consider.
For more information on this product or to arrange a call from one of the Cea Petrochemical Team, please complete the contact form below.