Automated viscometry system for bitumens and similar products
The BitUVisc system provides users with completely automatic heating, sampling, measurement and cleaning of high viscosity samples such as bitumen and vacuum residue.
Finally an instrument that eliminates the need for the tedious, labour intensive manual loading, measurement and cleaning of high viscosity samples.
The BitUVisc viscometer
The instrument was designed to be versatile and flexible, yet easy to use to cover the hardest applications. Different models are available with 1 or 2 tubes, allowing for the analysis of a wide range of viscosities and sample types.
The tubes are based on the well-known and proven Ubbelohde design. Using specially designed thermal sensors, these tubes allow the detection of fully opaque fluids without any problems or limitations and eliminate the need to use the reverse flow tubes common in bitumen testing. The standard configuration offers viscosity measurement up to 165 ºC, and sample preheating up to 200 ºC.
Sophisticated temperature control ensures that measurements are carried out well within the required temperature stability. The system features an innovative single position autosampler which provides integrated heating of the sample up to 200 ºC and uses preheated solvent to effectively clean the viscometer tube.
The BitUVisc is fitted with a dual solvent cleaning system and can use both vacuum and pressure to raise the sample up into the tubes, allowing the analysis of volatile samples.
The instrument can be controlled through an advanced PC application which not only logs the test results but also monitors the bath temperature during the test to ensure the validity of the result. It allows the operator to specify optimized and fully customizable test methods for each individual sample with the click of a mouse button.
BitUVisc is available in 2 versions
- BitUVisc 110 & 120
- Nr. of baths : 1
- 1 or 2 viscometers
- Dimensions : 38 x 62 x 78 cm
- Weight : 54 kg
The BitUVisc is supplied with
- 20-fold viscometer tubes
- Bath oil
- Cooling coil
- Calibration standards
- Advanced PC software
- All parts required for standard operation
Options and accessories
- External chiller
- Pedestal base
- Digital thermometer
- Compliant with ASTM D2170, D445
- Viscometer tubes : 20 fold
- Measuring range up to 100,000 mm2/s and / or up to 165 ºC
- Temperature range 20 to 165º C
- Fully automatic heating, sampling, measurement and cleaning
- Use of preheated solvent to maximize cleaning efficiency
- Advanced thermal sensors eliminate the need for reverse flow tubes
- Sampling using vacuum or pressure allows analysis of volatile samples
- Advanced PC software for storage, reporting and calculations
- Very easy to use and maintain
- Easy tube exchange; back to work in minutes without the need for a service tech
- No external vacuum required
- Chemically resistant to allow for all common solvents
A sentence here about related products with image links below to products you want customer to consider.
For more information on this product or to arrange a call from one of the Cea Petrochemical Team, please complete the contact form below.